You are here
In this page you will find some guidelines, tips, manuals, video interview or useful information for working with Media.
Should you wish to suggest publications or tips or to share some specific information with us, feel free to interact with our visitors through this section.
We also prepared a special form listing all our video-material as well as the versions available. We invite you to fill it in and send it back to us if you want to request some video material.
- Dosta! campaign TV Spot presented in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 4.12.2006
- Dosta! leaflet PDF English version: if you like it, print it out or send it by mail!
- Tool for fighting stereotypes (PDF)
- Tool for fighting stereotypes-German (PDF)
- Council of Europe Glossary on Roma and Travellers (word)
- COMPASS: A manual on human rights education with young people
Brander, Patricia et al. Council of Europe, 2002. ISBN: 92-871-4880-5. Price €28
This educational guide presents a wide range of approaches of themes and methods, that should inspire anyone interested in human rights, democracy and citizenship. This guide also provides a series of 49 sheets for complete practical activities, proposing a detailed framework for working at out-of-school and school settings as well as related multiple texts and documents.
- We are Europe too! 60 seconds TV spot which won the first prize of the Dosta! video competition
- Dosta! video Interview with Ms Livia Jaroka, European Parliament Member (The interview can be requested free of charge to the Council of Europe and used by Media and NGOs just mentioning as source the Council of Europe)
- Dosta! video-interview to Mr. Thomas Hammarberg, Commissioner for Human Rights (The interview can be requested free of charge to the Council of Europe and used by Media and NGOs just mentioning as source the Council of Europe)
- International Day of Tolerance: statements by Council of Europe leaders
- 46 Member states, 800 million Europeans, One Europe (video)
- Ethnic Roma the most discriminated in the press
- The Council of Europe Internet Literacy Handbook
- Council of Europe Group of Specialists on Media Diversity: Final report on the study "the assessment of content diversity in newspapers and television in the context of increasing trends towards concentration of media markets", 2006
- Council of Europe report on Media Diversity in Europe, 2002
- Convention on the protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions, 2005
- A Media Handbook for Non-Governmental organizations, by Sarah Silver, New York/London 2003. Publication of the Independent Journalism Foundation producend in the English edition by the Media Diversity Institute with the support of the European Community (click here for the Serbo-Croatian version)
- Media relations guide for the Roma, London, June 2001. Published by European Centre for War Peace and the NEws media with the support from European Cultural Foundation, Open Society Institute Budapest (click here for the Romani version)
- Council of Europe Recommendation No. R (97) 21 on the media and the promotion of a culture of tolerance and its Explanatory Memorandum
- Council of Europe Recommendation No. R (97) 20 on "hate speech" and its Explanatory Memorandum